BEST PRACTICES 2015 -2016
- Special care is being taken to arrange spoken English language lab classes with a lot of emphasis on phonetics.
- Virtual Lab provided to the students through smart class rooms.
- Interactive Smart boards to enhance teaching learning.
- Scholarship initiatives for more students.
- Admission is purely based on merit basis.
- Nurturing the students to grow within, enabling them to shape their unique identities and paths.
BEST PRACTICES 2016 -2017
- Preserving a Green Campus
- Rain water harvesting, using the waste water for irrigation
- Composting of the degradable waste, vermicompost
- Encouraging the students to maintain a Plastic free campus
- Maintaining a segregation of trash system
- planting plant saplings in the campus
- Conducting seminars and competitions on the awareness of green society.
- Initiative to improve the students employability (Soft skills and encourage entrepreneurship)
- Students are given awareness and training programs on soft skill development and entrepreneurship training.
- This enables them to be self-employed when they complete their course in the campus.
- The institution also provides awareness programs to help them get employment through career guidance and placement cell.
BEST PRACTICES 2017 -2018
- Our college student’s admission system is based on single window system by means of open counseling by following the reservation norms of the Government of Tamil Nadu.
- We have unique scholarship initiatives for students, thereby more wards are encouraged to continue their higher education.
- To create enthusiasm and eagerness in students to increase the usage of ICT tools and audio-visual learning is promoted for students learning.
- We have a well-developed placement cell to cater to the needs of outgoing students to attend campus interview and job mela programmes.
- To improve the spoken English and communication skills of our students, soft skills sessions are conducted on regular basis.
- Pradhan Mandri Kaushal Kendra (PMKK)
- Vocational training needs to be made aspirational to transform India into the skill capital of the world.
- The modern training centres envisage to create benchmark institution that demonstrate asporational value for competency-based skill development training.
- Focus on elements of quality, sustainability and connection with state holders in skills delivery process.
- Transform from a mandate -driven foot/loose model to a sustainable institutional model
- These training centres will be state of the art Model Training Centres called as Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Kendra (PMKK)
BEST PRACTICES 2018 -2019
- Communication Skills/ Skill Development
- The intake of our college mostly belongs to first generation learners of rural background.
- Our college concentrates to improve their communication skills by conducting language classes by a spacious language lab with high-end computers.
- In order to enhance the communication skills so as to help them employable in the competitive world, every year 1500 students get trained under PMKK project in various skill development programs without any fee.
- After course completion, they become entrepreneurs with the financial support of the Government of India. \
- Interpersonal skills enhance their attitude and behavioral changes in association with communication skills that leads to the overall development oftheir versatile personality.
- Best Teaching and Learning
- To attain the highest academic standards, our college concentrates to provide proper educational infrastructure i.e., classrooms, laboratories and equipment, fully equipped lecture halls with projectors, a well-furnished library with research journals and books of varied subjects to the students.
- The management takes timely supportto improve the existing one, to the requirements of the ever changing scenario.
- The high-quality infrastructure facilitates better instruction, improves student outcomes and reduces dropout rates. Scholarship initiatives for more students provide financial assistance to continue their students.
BEST PRACTICES 2019 -2020
- Empowering the students and edging them to bring out their talents.
- Maintaining good discipline in the college campus.
- Assisting the students with scholarship.
- Endowments are provided for organizing lectures.
- Awards and memorial prizes are distributed to students in each department who secure highest marks in respective subjects.
- Smart classes are provided to improve the quality of teaching.
BEST PRACTICES 2020-2021
Covid-19 pandemic greatly impacted the education field across the world. This unique situation, quickened the transition of mode of education from offline to online.
- The institution conducted number of
webinars which helped faculty to effectively teach on the digital platform.
- The digital infrastructure and efficient faculty of the institution aimed to empower the students to adapt to digital world.
- Wi-Fi and LAN connections were provided to support the teaching-learning and evaluation process.
- Endowments were provided for organizing Webinars.
- The learning process was enhanced and supplemented by organizing more than 50 webinars.
- Several online e-quizes were conducted to develop the knowledge inquisitiveness among young minds.
Evidence of Success:
- Multiple learning styles were used to
share knowledge and to boost the learning process through various online
learning platforms such as Zoom, Google Meet, Microsoft teams, Quizzes, Google
forms, Google classroom, etc.
- Learning resources were circulated to students through online platform.
- Online Examinations and evaluations were conducted and results were successfully published during the lockdown.
- Increased usage of ICT tools and audio-visual learning by students.
Problems encountered and Preventive measures:
- Initially few students faced difficulty to cope up with the pace of the transition to online mode of education.
- Students from rural areas faced network connectivity
issues and also in procuring devices essential for online learning.
- Teachers were instructed to be empathetic, accommodative and monitor students until they overcome the challenges on online education.
BEST PRACTICES 2021-2022
Transformative Digital Strategies
Technology-enabled teaching-learning has transcended cultural, psychological and financial barriers.
- Students, Teaching and non-teaching staffs were equipped with ICT resources.
- Admission process was executed online. New applicants were instructed to apply only through online application form.
- Smart-classrooms were set-up for the welfare of student community.
- Computer labs were furnished with more than thirty new desktop computers with high specifications.
- College fee payment process was carried off through both online and offline mode.
Evidence of Success:
- The College uncompromisingly managed administration, finance and accounts, student admission and support virtually.
- Orientation, guest lectures and webinars were conducted.
- Applications for new admissions were received online and it proved to be more effective.
- Non-affordability of gadgets
- Lack of internet connectivity
- Availability of minimal internet data.
- Sharing of resources with minimal cost
- Blended learning modalities were followed
- Optimal usage of available resources.